Sunday, September 11, 2011

It Begins....Day 1

First of all, I would like to say "Thank you", to Jeremy Haas (my husband), for getting me set up on this blog site! This place is going to be my main outlet for documenting the next 100 days...of living with at least one daily dose of creativity. So, here we go...


A year and 8 months ago, my daughter, Sadie, was born! A lot of the projects I have in mind so far, involve her in some way or another. She has definitely been the greatest inspiration in my life and pretty much since the idea of her even being came about, I have wanted nothing more than to surround her in love, color, fun, imagination, and creativity!! So to get things started, I began this "quest" with a project for her bedroom. 
When I was a kid, my mom had made me a "barrette and bow holder." It was the head of a girl, with reallllllllly long braids. The idea was that I could clip all of my barrettes and bows down the length of the braids. Makes sense and it totally served it's purpose. However, this exact idea wouldn't quite fit the decor of my own daughter's room. Mostly, the room is decorated in bright colors, with a reoccurring theme of woodland animals. So, I started with the idea of an owl with realllllllllly long legs, which will inevitably be what holds my daughters barrettes...this is today's progress...



I feel pretty good about Day 1..and I'm really looking forward to the next 99!!






1 comment: